Why Not Volunteer?
Volunteering is a great way for people of all ages to have fun, meet new people, and to help make their communities a great place to live.
THERE’S SO MANY BENEFITS:
- Build your resume. By volunteering you can demonstrate to future employers that you are a person who cares about your community!
- Learning new skills, and taking advantage of training offered by organizations.
- Volunteering can be a gateway to employment; you can show how you can fit into their team of volunteers and staff.
- Meeting new people and having fun!
- Improving sense of well-being by helping others.
At Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region (CMHA – Edmonton), we are grateful to our 287 volunteers who have donated over 18,000 hours of their time in roles such as:
- Distress Line Listener
- Information Booth Ambassador
- Event Logistics
- Administrative Support
- Event Committee Member
- Board Member
- Peer Leader
If you’d like to volunteer with CMHA – Edmonton, please visit us at edmonton.cmha.ca.
In Edmonton, there are over 4000 non-profit organizations looking for volunteers. To search for current volunteer postings in your community, visit govolunteer.ca.
For help finding volunteer opportunities that interest you, you can all call 211.
Whether it’s a global pandemic, job loss, illness or something in between, tough times unfortunately happen to everyone at some point...Community & Social Services
In honour of national volunteer week April 19-25, 2020, here are three important elements to consider when volunteering during this pande...Community & Social Services
In recent weeks, we have all been asked to practice social distancing and, in some instances, to self-isolate. You may be experiencing a ...Community & Social Services