Why Not Volunteer?
Volunteering is a great way for people of all ages to have fun, meet new people, and to help make their communities a great place to live.
THERE’S SO MANY BENEFITS:
- Build your resume. By volunteering you can demonstrate to future employers that you are a person who cares about your community!
- Learning new skills, and taking advantage of training offered by organizations.
- Volunteering can be a gateway to employment; you can show how you can fit into their team of volunteers and staff.
- Meeting new people and having fun!
- Improving sense of well-being by helping others.
At Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region (CMHA – Edmonton), we are grateful to our 287 volunteers who have donated over 18,000 hours of their time in roles such as:
- Distress Line Listener
- Information Booth Ambassador
- Event Logistics
- Administrative Support
- Event Committee Member
- Board Member
- Peer Leader
If you’d like to volunteer with CMHA – Edmonton, please visit us at edmonton.cmha.ca.
In Edmonton, there are over 4000 non-profit organizations looking for volunteers. To search for current volunteer postings in your community, visit govolunteer.ca.
For help finding volunteer opportunities that interest you, you can all call 211.
Finding a rental can be a time-consuming and sometimes overwhelming task. The Advocacy and Wayfinding team at CMHA-ER has some steps you ...Housing
During COVID-19 many of us are spending more time at home than ever before and our environment can have a big impact on our mental health...Health and Mental Health
Whether it’s a global pandemic, job loss, illness or something in between, tough times unfortunately happen to everyone at some point...Community & Social Services